At Berkeley Life, we take your online security very seriously, and we're committed to protecting your privacy and personal information.
We've compiled this statement to explain how we collect, use, and secure your information. Please read on, and visit our Terms & Condition page for more information.
1. Information We Collect & How We Use It
- Berkeley Life requests and collects personal information from our customers at various site locations and instances, including, but not limited to, when you create a www.berkeleylife.com membership, make a purchase, communicate with us via social media, write a product review, create a wish list participate in events, contests, or promotions, contact our customer care team, or post other customer-generated content to this Site. These are currently the primary ways in which we gather information, however, we may also collect data through other channels in the future
- The types of personal information we may collect from you can vary according to the method through which it was attained. It may include, but is not limited to, the following:
A. Information You Provide to Us We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, such as: Full name, email address, phone number, shipping address, billing information and payment details (such as billing address, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information, specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction), username and password for your Berkeleylife.com membership, a record of your www.BerkeleyLife.com orders, purchase history, and shopping behaviour and preferences, information provided by you through your interactions with us in social media, location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site or app, other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties Additionally, when you select to email a friend your wishlist or tell a friend about www.BerkeleyLife.com, we request their email address from you to send them a one-time email. We do not share your friend's email information for any other purposes unless that friend creates a membership to www.Berkeleylife.com
C. Email & Other Communications
- We may contact you via email to send you necessary order-related messages, such as order confirmation and shipment confirmation notices.
- We may also send you newsletters and additional email messages about our products, services, contests, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these and other promotional communications from us, you may select the unsubscribe link which is present in each email. You may also customize your communication preferences by accessing the email preference center in your Berkeley Life membership page and adjusting your settings accordingly.
D. How We Use Your information All of the personal information we collect from our customers is for the purpose of the reasoning described above (see sections B & C), as well as:
- processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- creating, managing, and maintaining your membership to this Site
- providing requested live customer support and services
- record keeping of your purchase history
- enabling communication via our Site, blog, and social networks
- managing your participation in contests and promotions
- sending email as appropriate (See Section C: Email & Other Communications)
2. Information Sharing
www.BerkeleyLife.com does not share the personal information of its users with any unaffiliated third parties for their promotional purposes. We share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties only as described below:
A. Payment, Shipping, Referral, & Other Programs We use a third party payment processor and a third party shipping agent to ensure the payment and delivery of your purchased products. We also use a third party to administer our referral program. We may use other third parties for other services from time to time. These third parties have no authority to use your personal information for their own promotional purposes.
B. Legal Disclosure We reserve the right to disclose personal information to our service providers, the government law enforcement agencies, or other third parties under certain circumstances where a formal request has been made (such as in responding to a court order, subpoena, or judicial proceeding) as Berkeleylife.com, in our sole and absolute discretion, deems necessary and appropriate moreover, in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of some or all of www.BerkeleyLife.com 's assets, or dissolution or bankruptcy, your personal information may be transferred to an unaffiliated third party as part of or apart from other transferred assets or assets. My transfer will then be governed by and be the responsibility of any purchaser of or successor to the transferred assets or assets. We shall notify you by a notice on the home page of any change in the information practices governing your personal information as a result of any transfer of assets or any asset change in ownership, and your choices in how your information is used.
C. Links to Third Party Websites This Site contains links to other websites. www.BerkeleyLife.com takes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit prior to disclosing your personal information.
D. User-Generated Content & Information Disclosure Any personal information or image content you voluntarily disclose online in a manner that other users can view (including, but not limited to: product reviews, Be the Buyer comments, on social media pages, in connection with contests and promotions) becomes publicly available, and can be read, collected, and used by other members of this forum to send you unsolicited messages. Your membership name, email, or other information may also be displayed when you post comments or upload images throughout the Site. www.Berkeleylife.com is not responsible for the personal information users select to disclose in these forums.
3. How We Protect Your Information
www.Berkeleylife.com utilizes some of the most advanced technology available today for Internet security purposes. When you access our checkout using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, your information is protected with both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to Berkeley Life. Our site is verified by GeoTrust (TrueBusinessID) and uses Authorise.Net for all of our secure credit card transactions. We are a BBB accredited business. In addition, www.Berkeleylife.com is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or outside access to keep us all safe!
4. Accessing Your Personal Information & Preferences
You can access, update, or change your personal information and communication preferences by signing into your Berkeley Life membership page and modifying your preferences at your discretion. You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to create a membership with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features.
Thank you for choosing www.BerkeleyLife.com!
The Berkeley Life Team